Monday, April 20, 2009

A FUN Birthday Weekend!

So this past Saturday was my mom's 60th Birthday....Yes, 60!! She doesn't look a day over 40! So, my dad, my anut (mom's sister) got our heads together and planned a surprise day for her....we called it "Her day of Royalty" We invited her to Sioux Falls for Saturday and Sunday and did nottell her a thing about what she was going to be doing. We had a light lunch on Saturday after she arrived and gave her a choice of where to go shopping for a while. She of course picked Kohl's....can't say I blame her!! We gave her 45 min in Kohl's....I know not near enough time, but we were on a tight schedule!! Then we got in the car and started driving......I suddenly said "Man, my back is really sore and stiff" and my aunt pulled out a card from my uncle that said "Happy Birthday, Enjoy your massage!" So we took her to the salon where we had massages scheduled.....SUPER relaxing and fun! She was shocked!! She got the hot stone massage and seemed to really enjoy it! After that, we gave her another choice of where to shop, she picked Gordman's...I know, another great pick!! So we gave her 40 min in Gordman's and whisked her off to our next event. We entered the mall in a certain door and started walking and my aunt asked me where we should go and I replied " My toenails are really busting through my shoes" to which my mom said, Well, let's go get you some sandals. (This is after I had told her I wanted to get some good summer sandals while shopping) And my aunt said, "Nope let's go in here and take care of it.....we were right by the nail salon. We got my mom a pedicure and manicure and of course we got one too!! It was super fun to pamper her. When we were done, we headed back to my aunts for some snacks and drinks and get ready for supper. Around 6:45, a man came to the door with a red rose and asked for my mom and told her her ride was waiting for her. So we all piled into a big white stretch LIMO and went to Famous Daves for supper........FANTASTIC food and fun! Then the limo picked us up and drove us to the Falls and we froze, but managed to get a few pictures and enjoy the falls. Then it was home for the home-made video we made her and cake and Key lime pie. She TOTALLY loved the whole day and was on cloud nine the entire time.....not to mention we had a blast treating her like a queen.....we even made her wear one of Alivia's dress-up crowns and she got a few stares and comments from fellow shoppers....it was great!! Sunday was spent being lazy and more shopping since we didn't have too much time for it on the Big day!! Now it's time for rest and recovery.....until the next one!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a nice treat for your mom! Sounds like fun!

Amber said...

What a super fun idea!
Happy Birthday Grandma Sherry!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO FUN!! I LOVE IT!! You guys are so creative! I bet she had a blast. Good job - she deserved a wonderful 60th birthday, and it sounds like she got that and more!
Jacie Kay