Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our NEW arrival!!

Our special delivery has arrived!!! KYLE WILLIAM DANNER was born on Saturday, June 20 at 10:05 am!!! Sorry for the being so late in posting the news, but we've been a tad busy....not just with the baby, but a week after Kyle was born we went on vacation!! We headed out to the Black Hills for a week, came home for a day, then headed to the cities to camp, then headed to my home town for a party at the lake and now we are staying with my parents for a week! Kyle is now an official travel'in man!! We'll back up a tad and go back to his arrival......delivery went smoothly....we were in the hospital at 4:45 am and he was born at 10:05 am.....epidurals are wonderful and helped with the pain. Our first week at home went fast....my wonderful mom came and stayed with us for 3 days and man how nice that was....what a savior...she helped us catch up on laundry, gave the girls that needed attention while I tended to Kyle, made some wonderful suppers and was just there to support and help....THANK YOU MOM!!!!!

A week and a day after he was born, Kyle had some yucky yellow junk flowing, yes FLOWING, from his eye. TWO emergency room visits later, he was on his way to healing and we were off on vacation.

The Black Hills were great.....we were kept busy with lots of activities and the scenery was great. The girls loved swimming in the hotel the most....could have gone to a local hotel for that!!! But it was nice to get away and enjoy all that we did. Our list included Bear Country USA, Rushmore Cave, Mt. Rushmore, Cosmos, Reptile Gardens, Keystone, The Presidents Wax Museum, some Shopping, Deadwood and Spearfish. We even survived a hail storm at Mt. Rushmore....thought we would have had some damage to the Expedition, but we made it to the parking garage without damage....phew!

Our next trek was to the Cities for some camping and activities there. We spent 3 nights at the KOA campground south of Shakopee....I went there as a kid with church and man some good old memories came back...what fun was had there!! We went to the zoo and attempted to go to a Twins game, but no such luck as we couldn't find parking and we were late for the game anyways....maybe next time....the girls had fun camping and we did too....maybe a camper is on our list in the future!!

On to the family lake party at my brothers lake lot.....what a fun gathering....all my cousins from my dad's side made it this year and we had a blast....14 little kids under the age of 8 always provides a good time for all....the weather was perfect and the lake wasn't green!! Even us adults got out in the tube and had fun!

I know some of you who have not seen Kyle are waiting for pictures....you may have to wait a while longer....I need to figure out the new camera and attempt to get pics on here from there....I am used to the old one...so bear with me!!

Hopefully this caught me up and keep you posted.....like I said, I hope to get pictures on here soon.....when I return home in a week or so....until then........:)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Congrats, Missy! I can't believe all the traveling you did with a brand new baby. You are so ambitious! I will be waiting for you to post pictures of Kyle on your blog!